What is grace?

The discussion of any and/or different doctrines that cause division.

What is grace?

Postby -thinker- » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm

It seems this subject is misunderstood because of all of the differing ideas as to what it is. Since it is spoken of in the New Testament by the authors of the New Testament, why is this subject so badly misunderstood?
-thinker-

Re: What is grace?

Postby The Government Sucks » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm

I think the topic of grace is too often misunderstood because the vast majority of professing Christians interpret some degree of licentiousness into what they perceive as grace. This would definitely account for the increasing liberalization of many churches.
The Government Sucks

Re: What is grace?

Postby -thinker- » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 am

Hi the Government Sucks: I agree with you this word "grace" is misunderstood. I also agree with you the liberization in the Protestant churches is because they misunderstand what grace is. Their concept is "grace" is the removal of the law and the fruits of this concept is as you say, licentiousness where there isn't any law to live by, therefore no restraints to what comes in your mind.

Adultery is above the secular public and divorce is higher among this group and sits at about 54%.

Since this kind of "grace" has bad fruit, and this group doesn't understand what it is, what exactly is "it" when reading the New Testament Scriptures?

We are in the middle of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and if these folks were to keep this Feast and understand what it represents, they would have a different view as to what "grace" really is.

What do you think "grace" is?

-thinker-
-thinker-

Return to Doctrine